Yesterday was a great day for Rock Athletics. SRU field hockey had a game first against Shippensburg University. Although we didn't come out with a win, we played well against the number 2 nationally ranked team. We also had lots of support from other athletic teams and students at the game. After our game we got to watch women's soccer take on IUP. They ended up winning in a close 1-0 game but it was a great game to watch. What made these games even better was they were both breast cancer awareness games, so we were all playing for a bigger cause! It was also great to see all of the student support at both of the games. Go Rock!
Wow that is really cool. A back to back header with the field hockey team and soccer team. Although SRU did not come out with a win I am sure it was a great game against the 2nd ranked national team. That sounds like a very close soccer game. I guess SRU has been on winning streak against IUP recently. That is great that it was for such a great cause. Go Rock!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great time! Although field hockey didn't get the win, it's good to be able to say you put up a tough fight against the number two team in the nation. Having the support from other sports teams and SRU students is also a great thing; I think that really gives a team an advantage. Yes, you want to win, but it's great to hear that those games were played for a much bigger and more important reason. Good luck with your next games! Keep the support going!
ReplyDeleteHi Roz!! I loved reading your blog post for 10/22 on all of the SRU athletic events. Although your field hockey team did not win the game against Shippensburg, I'm sure you guys still had fun and got to be with your teammates. I also attended the women's soccer game against IUP, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. It was such a good game, and they played really well. It was a great night to have both games dedicated to Breast Cancer. Go Rock!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like it was an exciting day for Rock Athletics! Even though the field hockey team didn’t win, playing strong against a top-ranked team is impressive. The support from other teams and students makes it even more special. The women’s soccer win must have been so fun to watch. It’s awesome that both games supported breast cancer awareness and a great cause. Go Rock!
ReplyDeleteHey Roz! I am so glad Rock Athletics is doing well. I'm sorry to hear you guys didn't win for field hockey, but its good you guys played well against a really good team. That soccer game sounds really close and exciting to have been there as a witness for it all. I'm glad all the SRU teams are supporting each other. I hope your future games go well!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like an incredible day for The Rock! Even without the win, going head-to-head with such a tough and highly ranked opponent shows how much heart SRU field hockey has. The energy from the other teams and students must have felt amazing too. A 1-0 victory for women’s soccer against IUP is the perfect way to top off the night! The fact that both games supported breast cancer awareness makes it even more special. Love seeing our community show up, support each other, and play for something bigger than the scoreboard. Go Rock!
ReplyDeleteI wasn’t at the game, but it looks like it was an amazing day for Rock Athletics! It’s awesome to see so much student support and teams coming together to play for such an important cause. Even without the win, it sounds like everyone represented SRU with pride. Go Rock! 💚💗
ReplyDeleteHey Roz! That sounds like an amazing day at the Rock! I agree the field hockey team played really well against Shippensburg! The game was tough overall but the really did well as a team. I watched the soccer game against IUP it was a really good game. They were able to take the lead 1-0 which was amazing. The Rock played really well when it came to athletics this week.
ReplyDeleteHey Roz! I agree that it was a great day for Rock Athletics. Even though we didn't get the results we wanted, I agree that we played really well against Ship. It was awesome to see so many other athletes and students come out to support us. Watching the soccer game win 1-0 after our game made the day so much better! I also loved that both our games were for breast cancer awareness - it made everything feel even more meaningful and gave us a purpose to play.
ReplyDeleteHey Roz, I really enjoyed reading your blog! It sounds like an amazing day for Rock Athletics. Even though the Field Hockey team didn't win, it was great that you were able to stick with a top ranked team. I also went to the women's soccer game, and it really was a great game to see. I really like how you mentioned both of these games were breast cancer awareness. It shows that win or lose you are playing for a bigger cause.
ReplyDelete